Burlington International Airport awarded $2.4 million in recovery funds

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Burlington International Airport awarded $2.4 million in recovery funds

first_imgThe U.S. Department of Transportation has awarded $2,424,030 in recovery funding to the Burlington International Airport for taxiway rehabilitation and extension, Sens. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Rep. Peter Welch (D-Vt.) announced. The funding will be used to rehabilitate and repave the intersection of two taxiways and to extend a third taxiway. The projects are part of the airport’s multi-phase South End Development program, which will enhance cargo, aircraft maintenance and general aviation capabilities. Airport officials estimate the program could create as many as 350 new jobs at the airport over the next 10 years.The award is the latest federal grant made possible by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, which was signed into law in February.Leahy, Sanders and Welch said, “This federal grant will help Burlington International Airport improve its ability to serve Vermont businesses and passengers alike. Not only will it create construction jobs in the short term, it will also lead to long-term economic development through the continued improvement of the airport.”Airport director Brian Searles said, “All three members of our congressional delegation have been such great partners in the development of this airport, and this grant will help ensure that we are part of the economic recovery. We are very grateful for their work on this much needed grant”. Source: Vermont Congressional delegation. THURSDAY, August 13, 2009 —last_img read more

Continue Reading

Mackay praises Odemwingie

first_img Should he play in the Barclays Premier League contest at the Cardiff City Stadium, it will be the first time Odemwingie has come up against his former employers since leaving Albion for the Welsh outfit in the closing stages of the last transfer window. His stint with the Baggies, which lasted three seasons, turned sour, with him driving to QPR on deadline-day in the previous window in a bid to secure a move, only for the deal to fall apart. Cardiff boss Malky Mackay has described Bluebirds summer recruit Peter Odemwingie as “a joy to work with” ahead of Saturday’s clash with the striker’s old club West Brom. But while that incident might have given the impression that the Nigeria international is a troublemaker, Mackay had only positive things to say about Odemwingie on Friday. Regarding the 32-year-old, who has so far made 12 appearances and scored two goals for Cardiff, Mackay said: “There was a lot of press around Peter concerning that January, in terms of his on-off transfer to QPR. “He obviously took a lot of stick over that, but I can only speak about the lad that I know. “I phoned up certain people who played with him and coached him and managed him and they were glowing. “If they hadn’t been, that would have given me cause for concern. “The boy I have met and I have here is articulate, he speaks four or five different languages, he is intelligent, he has smiled since the day he arrived here and he is very polite too. “He is a talented footballer and definitely wants to do well for us. He has been a joy to work with and he wants to do the best he can for the club, so it has been a really good one for us. “We did our homework on him and had he not been the right kind of person, I wouldn’t have brought him in.” Odemwingie has scored just twice for the Bluebirds since joining the club and has often had to settle for a place on the bench but his former boss Steve Clarke accepts there is a possibility he could return to haunt West Brom. Clarke said: “It is possible, it can happen. He is a goalscorer, that is his position. “So, if he is selected to play for Cardiff we will have to deal with him, the same as we will have to for anyone else they select. “Former players come back, they play against you. That’s what happens. “People move on in football. Peter has moved on from here and so have we.” Press Associationlast_img read more

Continue Reading

GTA 6 in development TakeTwo tease strongest pipeline ever

first_img$24.99 Grand Theft Auto V – PC Grand Theft Auto 6’s development is likely ramping up at Rockstar Games as its parent company teases massive games pipeline.   We’ve been hearing about GTA 6 for a long time, and now that Rockstar is done with Red Dead Redemption 2, they can focus completely on the next Grand Theft Auto. Now Rockstar parent company Take-Two Interactive teases some big projects in the works…and we’re betting one of them is GTA 6.  “We have the strongest development pipeline in our history, including sequels from our biggest franchises, along with exciting new IP,” Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said in the FY2019 earnings call. Looking closer at the company’s financials we see even more clues that big things are in the works. Take-Two’s research and development spending is up 17.21% to $230 million, higher than it’s been in the last five years. It’s even higher now than it was when both Red Dead Redemption 2 and Borderlands 3 were in development. Take-Two Interactive President Karl Slatoff affirms a portion of these new projects will materialize quite soon. Even still, GTA 6 probably won’t be among these immediate releases. “We’re not just investing to invest for years and years and years without actually getting the releases coming out. You will expect to see these investments coming to fruition over the next few years,” Mr. Slatoff said in the earnings call. “R&D spending is definitely up. And we said it many times before, one of our biggest priorities is building scale in the organization. And we specifically want to do that through organic initiatives. All of that is reflected on higher R&D.”  The Take-Two exec warns that these projects are stretched across all of Take-Two’s moving parts, not just big marquee Rockstar titles. We can expect new IP, new games from Private Division, 2K Games, and more: “In terms of what you’re going to see in the pipeline…it really is all over the entire company. We’ve got new investments at Social Point, we’ve got new investments in Private Division. You’re already seeing two new titles coming out in this coming fiscal year in Private Division.  “So obviously the pace is starting to pick up in there. There is also a lot of investment at the 2K Games level. Michael Condrey is coming on board. We haven’t said much about that game yet, because it’s very early. So I think you will in fact see the velocity pick up on this, but exactly what that means I can’t tell you right now.  “I can tell you that there’s certainly a lot of titles in the pipeline.”  Nothing regarding GTA 6 has been announced yet and we probably won’t see any reveals at E3 2019, contrary to recent reports. Rockstar is notoriously tight-lipped about its upcoming projects and we probably won’t hear anything until the studio is ready…which could be years from now when the next-generation console market has matured. There’s rumors GTA 6 could be a huge next-gen PS5 exclusive that’s cyclopean in size, taking place on both Liberty Island and Vice City. While there’s lots of guesswork about the content, one thing’s for sure: GTA 6 will be monetized with it’s own online mode that’s similar to GTA Online. It’s possible that GTA V’s online component will even link to GTA 6’s in some way, creating a kind of cross-game, cross-platform multiplayer out of the service. GTA Online has earned more than $1 billion from microtransactions since 2013 and there’s absolutely no way Rockstar and Take-Two wouldn’t bring the mode to the next Grand Theft Auto game. Whatever Grand Theft Auto 6 will offer, the game should be in active development as Rockstar puts Red Dead Redemption 2 in a state of active rest via Red Dead Online. US$22.99 $23.91 center_img TodayYesterday7 days ago30 days ago $24.99 Buylast_img read more

Continue Reading