Ryanair, Europe’s leading airline, has announced new routes from Zadar to Hamburg, Cologne and Nuremberg, twice a week since April. Along with the latest Prague route, the new lines are part of Ryanair’s Summer Schedule for Zadar 2019, which will be announced soon. Ryanair will soon unveil the full Summer Flight Schedule for Zadar 2019, and to celebrate the new routes to Germany, Ryanair has launched seat sales with a 30-euro discount on return flights for travel until March 2019.”Ryanair is pleased to announce three new routes from Zadar to Hamburg, Cologne and Nuremberg. Flights depart in April and will take place twice a week as part of our Summer Schedule for 2019. Our customers in Croatia can already book tickets to these three new airports, until October 2019. Our full flight schedule will follow. ” said Ryanair’s executive director of sales and marketing, Ivana Hanjs, adding that they had put a million seats on sale with a 30-euro discount on return flights for travel until March 2019.
Arsenal blow as Atletico Madrid offer Thomas Partey to Liverpool in deal for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Advertisement Comment Metro Sport ReporterSunday 10 May 2020 11:27 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.6kShares Advertisement Thomas Partey is expected to leave Atletico Madrid this summer (Picture: Getty)Arsenal’s hopes of signing Atletico Madrid star Thomas Partey have suffered a blow after the La Liga giants offered the midfielder in an exchange deal for Liverpool ace Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, according to reports.Mikel Arteta is keen on signing a defensive midfielder and Partey is rumoured to have made Arsenal his first choice destination.Partey’s dad appeared to reveal as much in April but Partey’s agency quickly shut down the claims.Nevertheless, Partey’s £45m release clause means he’s a viable target for a host of Premier League clubs and Arsenal had been willing to offer Alexandre Lacazette in a swap exchange move.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTHowever, the Sun claim Atletico are the aggressors in the deal and that it’s the La Liga giants that have initiated talks with Liverpool over Partey. Oxlade-Chamberlain is valued between £35-£45m (Picture: Getty)They believe they can use the midfielder as a makeweight in a deal to sign Oxlade-Chamberlain, with the 26-year-old facing an uncertain future at Anfield.The former Arsenal star has battled back from a career-threatening knee injury to regain his place in Arsenal’s squad but he’s made no secret of his desire to sample football abroad.Atletico’s preference remains to keep Partey and they’d be willing to double his £65,000-a-week wages for him to sign an extension.But his release clause poses a looming problem and it’s clear Atletico are trying to control the situation before it’s taken out of their hands.MORE: Bernd Leno tips Arsenal star Gabriel Martinelli to become ‘world class’ under Mikel Arteta
By John BurtonFREEHOLD – A former teacher at a Middletown Catholic high school was sentenced on Tuesday, July 10, to four years in state prison for the sexual assault of a female former student with whom he had a romantic relationship.William Miltner, 29, Middletown, was sentenced in state Superior Court as part of a negotiated plea agreement. Miltner plead guilty to sexual assault on Jan. 19, according to the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office.Miltner will also be subject to parole supervision for life as well as mandatory registration and notification as a convicted sex offender under the requirements of the state’s Megan’s Law, authorities said.Miltner had been a teacher and soccer coach, and for a time dean of students at Mater Dei Prep, a co-ed high school at 538 Church St., in the New Monmouth section of Middletown.Investigators took Miltner into custody in April 2011, initially charging him with second-degree sexual assault and fourth-degree aggravated sexual contact for having a sexual relationship with a then 16-year-old student at the school. That relationship, authorities said, went on from March to September 2009.Middletown police and the prosecutor’s office initiated an investigation after school officials received an anonymous email alerting them of Miltner’s actions, authorities said.Miltner also will forfeit his state teaching license as another condition of his plea agreement, authorities said.
By Liz SheehanSEA BRIGHT – After two nighttime closures for maintenance work, no more are scheduled for the 67-year-old Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge over the Shrewsbury River, said Laura Kirkpatrick, the director of public information for Monmouth County.Work on the bascule span, the portion of the bridge that opens to allow passage of boats too tall to go under the bridge, was originally scheduled to be completed in one night, but weather caused a second closing. The bridge was closed from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. each time.“The county is always working to maintain bridges,” Kirkpatrick said.Beginning in 2020, the county plans to replace the existing bridge S-32 on Rumson Road with one slightly south of the current span. While the new bridge is under construction, the old one will remain in place.According to the county engineers, the bridge is in overall serious condition and structurally deficient. Federal funds are being used for the the design and construction of the new bridge.The bridge serves as one of two evacuation routes for Sea Bright in times of coastal storms and flooding.Plans for the new bridge include a signalized intersection which would include the south driveway of the Seabright Beach Club.The county is also proposing purchasing the former Sunoco property south of the existing bridge to give access to the Nautilus Condominium complex and compensate for loss of parking for Dunkin Donuts and Oar Fitness, which will have a portion of their parking lots taken away when the bridge is shifted to the south.The former Sunoco lot is needed, according to the county, because state regulations do not permit left turns either in or out of Old Rumson Road, which is just south of the lot where Dunkin Donuts is located. The former Sunoco site will be needed to create access to the businesses in that area.However, the old Sunoco lot is currently owned by Tommy Bonfiglio, the proprietor of Tommy’s Tavern + Tap, who is seeking approval from the town’s Unified Planning Board to expand his restaurant and add the additional required parking spaces in the former Sunoco site.At a November hearing on the proposal, Bonfiglio’s attorney, Martin McGann, Jr., said, “We had a meeting and told them our plans” for the site. A hearing on the application continues before the board.
By Timothy Schafer, The Nelson DailyAvalanche risk is still rated at high in the West Kootenay backcountry above and in the tree line, while considered considerable at lower elevations, according to the Canadian Avalanche Centre. The risk continues at considerable until Monday, but avalanche problems are occurring due to significant wind-loading occurring across the region, said Shannon Werner of the CAC. Wind slabs can be found mainly on north to northeast aspects, she said in her report Friday, with persistent weak layers existing in the snow pack in all areas of the backcountry — becoming reactive with the new snow. There has been up to 40 centimetres of storm snow with an additional 15 cm. in the forecast today (Saturday). This new snow load may not bond well with the weak snow surfaces, Werner reported. As a result, the CAC has issued a special Public Avalanche Warning for the region of the West Kootenay, and those dangerous avalanche conditions will persist through the weekend. There have been numerous avalanches in the region, Werner noted, up to a size two and reacting mainly on the Jan. 3 surface hoar layer. This is the first report of a deeper instability waking up and becoming an avalanche concern, Werner said. Travel in avalanche terrain is not recommended during periods of high danger, and the CAC advises staying well away from avalanche paths and run-out zones. “Seek powder turns inbounds at your local ski hill, and snowmobile in areas which offer zero avalanche problems for example: large meadows, or low angle trees,” said Werner in her report. “As the storm subsides, conditions favoring human-triggering will continue, even after natural activity has died down. I recommend sticking to simple terrain during this period.” Up to 30 cm. of snow has fallen across the region and is accompanied by moderate-strong southwest winds. This new snow overlies a weak upper snowpack. There are several buried surface hoar and crust layers in the upper pack and the Dec. 7 surface hoar / facet/crust layer down 80 cm. These upper layers are starting to become reactive as more wind and snow hits the region. Weather forecast Saturday: Few flurries with temperatures near –five degrees C. Winds switching to the northwest. Sunday: Cloudy, scattered flurries. Temperatures around -5C with light northerly winds. Monday: Clear and sunny skies. Temperatures dropping low near -8C. email@example.com
ARCADIA, Calif. (March 4, 2016)–English-bred Nancy From Nairobi continued her stateside ascent with an emphatic 2 ½ length win in Friday’s $63,000 Santa Anita allowance feature under Abel Lezcano. Owned by Hronis Racing, LLC and trained by John Sadler, the 5-year-old mare rallied three-wide turning for home en route to covering one mile on turf in 1:34.70.With the temporary inner rail set at 30 feet, Nancy From Nairobi appeared to have a tall order in front of her when fifth in a field of seven older fillies and mares going into the far turn.“This course has been speed favoring, so we were a little scared when we were back off the pace early,” said owner Kosta Hronis. “She didn’t break well and we were last going into the first turn, but the jock played it smart and let her settle. She finished really strong, especially with the rail at 30 feet. I think John would like to run in the Santa Ana (Grade II, 1 1/8 miles on turf March 26) next.”A winner of a second condition allowance in her third stateside start on Feb. 5, Nancy From Nairobi was the second choice in the betting at 2-1 and paid $6.60, $3.00 and $2.80. With the winner’s share of $37,800, she increased her earnings to $151,456. She now has four wins from 21 overall starts.Ridden by Mike Smith, favored Glory sat second behind fractions of 23.20, 46.43, 1:10.62 and 1:22.67 before being inhaled by the winner approaching the sixteenth pole. Off at 3-2, she finished 2 ¼ lengths in front of her stablemate Hijra and paid $3.00 and $2.80.Off at 26-1 with Martin Garcia, Irish-bred Hijra paid $6.80 to show.First post time for a nine-race card, which will be highlighted by the undefeated Eclipse Champion Songbird’s presence in the Grade III, $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes, is at 12:30 p.m. Admission gates open at 10:30 a.m.