Lucas, who turned 20 earlier this month, write a new chapter in his family’s already storied rugby history on Friday if he makes his debut off the bench against the Highlanders in Dunedin.The younger brother of Brumby Matt, former Reds scrumhalf Ben and Sevens player Tom, Isaac has been hailed as the most naturally gifted by Kerevi.”It’s exciting for the Queensland fans to have those new boys, especially the young guys in Fraser (McReight) and (Isaac) Lucas on the bench,” Kerevi said after the Reds completed their captain’s run in Deunedin on Thursday.”Obviously his brothers have come through and he’s the fourth brother and I’ve always said he’s probably the best.”He’s been training the house down.”Lucas made the most of his opportunities in the Reds trials, changing the tempo when he came on in the second half against the Chiefs at Ballymore and catching the eye of coach Brad Thorn.”You’ve got young Isaac Lucas there, the Lucas family, four from four talented footballers,” Thorn said.”He’s shown some wares and it was encouraging seeing those guys make the most of their opportunities.”Whether he gets a chance on Friday is up in the air, with Thorn likely to provide halves Moses Sorovi and Hamish Stewart with every opportunity as the Reds bid to seal a first win in almost three years against a New Zealand opponent.Wallabies stalwart Kerevi will make his debut as Reds captain as the team runs out in a Maroon strip.”I’ve said before it’s always been an honour for me to represent Queensland and to captain the side is an even bigger honour,” he said.”I think it’s really important to pay homage top the past.”Maroon has always been the Queensland colour and for us to be able to represent that week-in, week-out is enticing for us and for the fans.”I know the fans really love us wearing that jersey and it instils a lot of pride and a lot of history.”
SPORTSMAXSATURDAY4 p.m: MAN CITY vs BOURNEMOUTHSPORTSMAX 2SATURDAY9 a.m: EVERTON vs MAN UNITED11:30 a.m.: WATFORD vs ARSENAL6 p.m.: CHELSEA vs ASTON VILLA9 p.m.: CRYSTAL PALACE vs WEST HAM11 p.m.: SOUTHAMPTON vs LEICESTERSUNDAY10 a.m: NEWCASTLE vs NORWICH3:30 p.m.: WEST BROM vs SUNDERLAND
… awaits word from company on draft contractThe Malaysian-owned Barama Company Limited will likely be granted approval to continue its operations in Guyana when its 25-year Investment Development Agreement comes to an end in October.Natural Resources Minister Raphael Trotman (left) toured the Barama Company Limited facility earlier this yearNatural Resources Minister Raphael Trotman, on Tuesday confirmed to Guyana Times that Government will be moving ahead with the renewal of the agreement.He said Government already dispatched a draft agreement to the logging company and is awaiting its comments on the proposal before wrapping up the deal.“The Barama agreement is still being finalised and a draft has been shared with the company for its review and comments,” he stated.He refrained from providing further information on the matter until a definite decision has been taken.“Until we agree, I won’t want to get into specifics, except to say that we are proceeding and getting nearer to a conclusion,” Trotman stated.In a recent statement, the Natural Resources Ministry explained that a Task Force was established to examine the Company’s request for a continuation of its contract.Cabinet had recommended the convening of a Task Force to examine the request given the rapacious activities of some foreign companies operating in the forests of Guyana.The Government had noted too that some negative observations had also been expressed at the operations spearheaded by Barama.The Task Force met on several occasions and visited Barama’s operations at Buckhall, Essequibo, Region Two (Pomeroon-Supenaam).A legal consultant subsequently began reviewing the existing contract, forest concessions and tax incentives, previously enjoyed by the Company, while other members of the team examined critical issues, such as workers’ rights, value added operations and environmental management practices, to name a few.General Manager of Barama Guyana, Mohindra Chand, emphasised the Company’s commitment to continue its operations in Guyana, stating that while it was faced with many challenges, it has no intention to shut down its operations.Barama has invested in excess of US$43 billion in its local operations since its establishment in 1991.Barama’s operations consist of forest management, timber harvesting and manufacturing of various wood-based products, such as plywood, sawn timber and flooring products.It is one of Guyana’s biggest employers, employing approximately 1000 Guyanese.It has been allocated some 1.6 million hectares of the State production forest and has been operating the largest forest concession in Guyana.
The inaugural beach soccer tournament, organized by the Liberia Football Association, ended yesterday with PHP Beach Soccer defeating Power Plant Beach Soccer team 4-3 on penalties in the finals at the Serie A sports pitch in West Point, Monrovia.Both teams defeated their opponents in the preliminary round on Saturday. PHP beat Buzzi Quarters and Power Plant defeated Ambassadors.The two losers played for the third place with Ambassadors beating Buzzi Quarters 5-2.The venue of the game is also known as LEC Plant Sports pitch. The two-day tournament was held on April 30 and May 1.The four teams were PHP Beach Soccer team, Buzzi Quarters Beach Soccer team, Ambassadors Beach Soccer team and Power Plant Beach Soccer team.There were no restrictions on players in any division of the regular LFA league. Two referees handled each game and helped the players to apply the rules.Each team had five players per game, described as five a side, and substitutions were made.The game is played barefoot and it takes much effort to manage through the sand to overcome an opponent.Though there are certain rules different from regular soccer, the two-day competition saw players from the participating teams enjoying the game and pushing their opponents with passes and shots that goalkeepers struggled to punch off-target. For example, Power Plant Beach Soccer, which is from West Point, seemed to have some advantage because they have always played in the sand but they were marched with others who have always played on the beach.LFA vice president for operations, Musa Shannon, responsible for Beach Soccer, was present, along with LFA technical director Henry Bown, his deputy Kaetu Smith and CAF Education officer Coach Francis Tamba.Liberia has registered to participate in the CAF Beach Soccer Tournament to be held in Nigeria, later this year, and the LFA said more games are planned for local beach soccer teams.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Senior Magistrate Leron Daly on Thursday recused herself from presiding over the Preliminary Inquiry into a narcotic trafficking charge against Collin Hopper who was allegedly caught with 514 grams of cocaine in a pipe.The reason for Magistrate Daly recusing herself was not stated.As a result of the Magistrate recusing herself, the matter was then transferred to the Chief Magistrate’s court for reassignment. It will then be reassigned to Magistrate Daly’s court, where the trial will recommence on November 13.The charge against the South Ruimveldt, Georgetown businessman, stated that on February 2, 2018, at Lot 49 Blue Sackie Drive, South Ruimveldt, he had the illicit substance in his possession for the purpose of trafficking.According to reports, Customs Anti-Narcotics Unit ranks swooped down at Hooper’s premises and found the cocaine stashed in a pipe leading to a septic tank.Defence counsel James Bond had informed the court that the substance was found in a pipe which connects to many apartments and as such, his client should not have been charged.
The Fort St. John Huskies open their 2009/2010 regular season on Friday night. The Huskies host arch-rival Dawson Creek, at the North Peace Arena, at 8pm. The pups are coming off a strong preseason, that saw them finish 3-0, and outscore their opponents 24-5. Two of those three wins came over the Jr. Canucks, who are facing a lot of turnover after a disappointing finish in the 2009 playoffs. – Advertisement -On Thursday, Moose FM’s Jon Zacks and Mike Feeney aired a preview of the season, and you can listen to that two-part feature in its entirety here. Part 1 (runs 11:30) [asset|aid=1908|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=32b2ded298fbc2c264598f3c09afaecc-Huskies 09_10 preview 1_1_Pub.mp3] Part 2 (runs 10:20) [asset|aid=1909|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=32b2ded298fbc2c264598f3c09afaecc-Huskies 09_10 preview 2_1_Pub.mp3] Advertisement The Huskies also take on Sexsmith on Saturday night, at the NPA.
– Advertisement –
NEW YORK – A commuter hailed as a hero for saving a teenager who fell in front of a subway train has settled with his own lawyer over lawsuits they filed against each other. Wesley Autrey Sr. had accused lawyer Diane L. Kleiman and her business partner Marc Antonio Esposito, of Marco Antonio Productions, of having him sign an unfair contract that gave them most of any money he earned because of his fame. Kleiman, meanwhile, sued Autrey for legal fees and compensation for damage to her reputation. She denied that she cheated the 50-year-old construction worker and said he made her look like a money-hungry crook. The agreement, called a stipulation, voided all agreements, whether oral or in writing, involving Autrey, Kleiman and Esposito and ended their dueling lawsuits. State Supreme Court Justice Bernard J. Fried signed off on the stipulation and filed it last week. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre Autrey caught the public’s attention Jan. 2, 2007, after a 19-year-old film student had a seizure and fell onto the subway tracks at a Manhattan station. Autrey, on the platform with other commuters as a train approached, leaped down and pulled the teen into the foot-deep drainage trough between the tracks and lay on top of him as the train passed over their heads. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Pictured are: (Standing) Richard Finney (The Counter), Joe McGee (Joe’s Butchers), Paul McGovern Club PRO(Seated) Alma Kavanagh (Event Organiser), John Haran (Event Organiser) and Club President, Sean Boyle.People taking part can discounts on ingredients at The Counter and Joe’s – Photo: Paddy GallagherDONEGAL’S biggest ever ‘Come Dine With Me’ should more about the craic – than the food!St. Eunan’s GAA Club are holding the novel fundraiser on Saturday, November 23rd.Titled “Come Dine With Eunan’s” this unique event is based on the popular culinary TV show. Eunan’s star John Haran insisted however: “I’ve yet to see a great dinner on the TV show, so we’re not looking for Michelin-star chefs.“It’s really all about the GAA, our club and the social occasion ahead. It’s going to be great craic and if there are a few hidden MasterChefs out there, then all the better.“It promises to be a great night out; a good few people have signed up for it but we are hoping for more in the coming days.The club are looking for 200 members to host an evening at home for their friends and family before meeting up at The Grill for a great night’s dancing to music from the 80’s and 90’s. There will be a registration night at the Mount Errigal Hotel next Wednesday, November 13.More details on the St Eunan’s Facebook Page. ‘MAKE THE CRAIC GOOD, NOT THE DINNER’ INSISTS HARAN! was last modified: November 9th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:come dine with eunans
Chelsea confident of beating Man United and Liverpool to Sancho signing Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer TOP WORK However, his suspension was later reduced to six months, and the centre-back has rebuilt his career since then.His performances for Genoa have seen Izzo linked with various clubs from throughout Europe, and, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, Fiorentina and West Ham are hoping to sign him this summer.Izzo is thought to be available for around £9million, and he is said to be open to listening to offers. The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star RANKED Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father three-way race LIVING THE DREAM Izzo made 16 appearances for Genoa last season West Ham and Fiorentina are both working on deals for Armando Izzo, the Genoa defender.Izzo, 26, was banned for 18 months and fined around £43,000 last year due to match-fixing allegations. Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti Latest transfer news IN DEMAND As well as Fiorentina and West Ham, Izzo is also on the radar of Sassuolo – but it is understood they would struggle to meet his wage demands.West Ham have already brought two defenders to the London Stadium this summer, under new manager Manuel Pellegrini, with centre-half Issa Diop joining from Toulouse and Ryan Fredericks, the right-back, signing on a free transfer when his Fulham contract expires at the end of June. LATEST Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ 2 Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade moving on REVEALED The Hammers have also wrapped up the signing of goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski from Swansea, who were relegated from the Premier League at the end of last season. Izzo was suspended from football following match-fixing allegations targets Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland Liverpool’s signings under Michael Edwards – will Minamino be the next big hit? Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January 2 targets